bbs.english.sina.com
bbs.english.sina.com
Thread
Print

Should your dream is usually to personal Coach purses

Should your dream is usually to personal Coach purses

Back in the late 1990s, I met a pair of New York handbag designers, Richard Lambertson and John Truex, who kindly loaned me a gorgeous little evening bag to wear to the Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards. The quality of this wee accessory was exquisite, and I strutted it proudly: Richard and John were the first bag designers I’d ever met, and I felt they were onto something.

Their esthetic was sublime — modern, refined and timeless. And shortly after I wore their elegant little bag, they gave me a fabulous, red-leather tote lined in sky-blue leather. It was one of the most beautiful and practical bags I’d ever owned — very plain but incredibly chic. It made a bold, classy statement that made me appreciate understated luxury in an exciting new way.

The next year, Lambertson and Truex won the coveted CFDA award for best accessory design, and the Lambertson Truex label went on to become a favourite with American fashionistas for its high quality and no-nonsense good taste. But as beloved as Lambertson Truex bags were, the company was affected by economic hard times and, in 2009, filed for bankruptcy. Happily, Tiffany and Co., the American jewellery house founded in 1837, came to the rescue.

Tiffany acquired the label and hired Richard and John to create a line of high-end leather goods to be sold at its boutiques. Tiffany and Co. evidently understood the escalating importance of handbags in our wardrobes, and that many of us now consider our bags to be our ultimate accessories.

Lambertson and Truex were in Toronto recently, and I cozied up with them at Tiffany’s on Bloor St. W. to talk about how to shop for the perfect bag and why great bags tend to make our hearts beat a little faster. This is an edited version of our conversation.

And shortly after I wore their elegant little bag, they gave me a fabulous, red-leather tote lined in sky-blue leather.

They always through the variety of ways to want you to pay

Thread