I used your formula in my spreadsheet with the following assumptions:

1.        Mass of the permanent magnet = 0.5 kg
2.        Mass of the electromagnet+tube = 0.5 kg
3.        Acceleration due to gravity = 9.8 meters/sec/sec
4.        The Voltage = 12 volts
5.        The time of the pulse current = 0.1 seconds
6.        The height for the whole unit to jump to = 0.01 meters
7.        The energy efficiency = 50 %

The Current required is calculated to be 0.16 amps.  This is all within the physical possibilities.  I can easily vary the different parameters.

Maggie

Flying Saucer Experiments

Formula for Flying Saucer parameters

Dear Lawrence,

I used my spreadsheet to estimate the Tong device on youtube with the following assumptions:

1.        Mass of the permanent magnet = 0.1 kg
2.        Mass of the electromagnet+tube = 0.3 kg
3.        Acceleration due to gravity = 9.8 meters/sec/sec
4.        The Voltage = 12 volts
5.        The time of the pulse current = 0.1 seconds
6.        The height for the whole unit to jump to = 0.002 meters
7.        The energy efficiency = 50 %

The current required was 0.01 Amperes.  I think Mr. Tong can do the conclusive Experiment001 with M and N jumping using his existing equipment.  The resulting set up can be carried in the average briefcase.  Demonstration worldwide will not be a problem.

Maggie

Dear Maggie,

I decided to buy the equipment to do Experiment001 for Ms. Forever Yuen and team.  I ordered a DC converter that can change the mains supply in Hong Kong (220 V AC) to a maximum of 30 V DC or 10 A.  The maximum output is thus 300 watts DC.

I failed to get the coated copper wires for winding.  However, I had the fortune to get acquainted with a hardware store owner who was a physics teacher in high school.  I explained Experiment001 to him and got him excited.

Your calculation was very useful as it gave me a rough idea of what equipments to purchase.  Keep your ideas flowing.

Lawrence

Steven Chu as head of USA Energy Dpartment

Steven Chu, President-elect Barack Obama's choice to head the Energy Department, has been a strong advocate of alternative fuels and a vociferous opponent of fossil fuels -- foreign oil in particular -- for years.

Most recently, the scientific interests of the 60-year-old Nobel laureate and director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory have centered on energy and finding ways to replace fossil fuels with other energy sources such as biofuels from plants.

Dear Maggie,

Here is a close up shot of the Tong Device.

I shall have an improved version in my home shortly.  There is interest from many parties.  It shows that unbalanced forces can be produced for propulsion from within a system.

Lawrence

Attachment

jump02.jpg (25.1 KB)

18-12-2008 10:07

The Tong device

jump02.jpg

Dear Maggie,

The attached diagram shows the conceptual side of the Tong Device.

We are using a similar set up to test the strength of the permanent magnet, the electromagnet etc.   So far the results are very promising.

You can see the video
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=SA5ObshvNx0

Lawrence

Attachment

Ex001Explain04.jpg (18.7 KB)

18-12-2008 10:12

Conceptual Tong Device

Ex001Explain04.jpg

Dear Maggie,

Many groups are doing the conclusive Experiment001 experiment.  M is started first.  It will jump both M and N up.  When the joined device is in mid-air, N will jump and the result should be a greater height achieved.

Once that is successful, it is a matter of programming multiple jumping Tong devices to produce a flying saucer prototype.

You are welcome to show the diagrams to your friends and get them involved.  My goal is to have many groups understanding and developing the lead-out-energy machines and the flying saucers.

Lawrence

[ Last edited by ltseung888 at 18-12-2008 10:21 ]

Attachment

Ex001Explain06.jpg (21.21 KB)

18-12-2008 10:18

multiple jumping devices

Ex001Explain06.jpg

Dear Lawrence,

I like your displaying the pictures of the Tong device and the conceptual diagrams.  It is clear to me that the experimental scientists must start with Ex001Explain04 to find out the possible combination of permanent and electromagnets first before they can carry on.

As soon as they have achieved the expected results in Ex001xplain06, the only thing left is the programming of multiple jumping devices.  They do not need to have the craft jump or rise to have a useable product.  So long as the weight of the craft can be lowered, the product will be useful.  Imagine a 100-ton train now weighting 10 tons.

If I were an experimental scientist who needs to support a family, would I freely display my hard work to the World?  If I were a Government Agent, would I upset my superiors?  If I were supported by venture funds, would the investors demand the results to be kept confidential?

There is a limit to free information.  I think that you have reached that limit.

Maggie

Demo to President Obama

Dear Maggie,

I have some good news to share with you and the World.  Mr. Wang consented to give me one of his rotating prototypes to demonstrate to President Obama and the World.  

He will have great publicity and possibly get much investor interest after the open demonstration.  His risk is that someone may copy or stole his technology.  However, he is aware that more than a dozen groups in China have imitated or re-constructed his invention with varying degree of success.

I now have two inventions lined up.
(1) Energy from Still Air
(2) Energy from Electron Motion (magnetic field in this case)

The other one to get firmed up is the Lee Cheung Kin flying saucer.  The Tong Po Chi device is a good proof-of-concept.  But nothing can compare with a flying saucer prototype hovering over the lawns of the White House.

Lawrence

The Flying Saucer Prototype Team

Mr. Tong Po Chi will lead the students to experiment on the flying saucer prototype.

Best wishes to them.  Their success will be the light to the World.

Attachment

Flying Saucer Team.jpg (23.66 KB)

22-12-2008 18:03

Flying Saucer Team.jpg

I like your displaying the pictures of the Tong device and the conceptual diagrams.  It is clear to me that the experimental scientists must start with Ex001Explain04 to find out the possible combination of permanent and electromagnets first before they can carry on.

As soon as they have achieved the expected results in Ex001xplain06, the only thing left is the programming of multiple jumping devices.  They do not need to have the craft jump or rise to have a useable product.  So long as the weight of the craft can be lowered, the product will be useful.  Imagine a 100-ton train now weighting 10 tons.

If I were an experimental scientist who needs to support a family, would I freely display my hard work to the World?  If I were a Government Agent, would I upset my superiors?  If I were supported by venture funds, would the investors demand the results to be kept confidential?

There is a limit to free information.  I think that you have reached that limit.

Dear Maggie,

This is Christmas – a time to share.   The Tong device is just two coils and a permanent magnet.  Any university or secondary school can replicate the experiment.  I have updated the presentation file.  Any Professor or Teacher can understand that.

In reality, the flying saucer technology has been developed in USA, China and elsewhere as top-secret.  The Tong device reveals the theory to the World.  There is no need to keep the top-secret any more.  The World will benefit together from this invention.

Lawrence

Attachment

Tong.ZIP (203.69 KB)

24-12-2008 05:57, Downloaded: 231

Presentation on Tong device

Tong Device Mini-demo

Mr. Tong demonstrated his device to four persons at Tai Po on December 26, 2008.  There were many questions and detailed discussions.  The demonstration equipment was taken apart to show every detail.

We shall now plan on the first dry run on January 28, 2009.  There will be two sets of the Tong device available.  It will be the third day of the Chinese New Year.  All you can eat drinks and BBQ will be provided at the cost of HK$100 per person.  The time will be from 3:30pm to 8:30 pm.

Detail agenda will be available in a couple of days.

New Year Resolution

The 2009 New Year Resolution is to pass the responsibility to the younger generation.

The theories have been defined.  Multiple groups or nations can develop the prototypes and the products.

Building the Tong Po Chi device

We have decided to share the details of the Tong Po Chi proof-of-concept device with the World.  Please study the attached file.

That device uses two coils that can produce unequal repulsion to prove:

that an unbalanced force can be produced for propulsion from within a closed system.

Have fun.

Attachment

concept.ZIP (23.71 KB)

7-1-2009 11:14, Downloaded: 199

The Ting Improvement

Dr. Raymond Ting improved the Tong jumping device.

The best result is - when the right pulse current is passed, the combined setup will move up the axles.  (Preliminary test indicated that such a result may be possible.)

More experiments are being performed.  We needed to buy more parts.  When ready, we shall have good videos for all to enjoy.

Life can be fun.

Attachment

Ting.jpg (31.41 KB)

7-1-2009 21:48

Ting.jpg

Thread