bbs.english.sina.com
bbs.english.sina.com
Thread
Print

Women wins the first time gender bias case in employment

Women wins the first time gender bias case in employment

By Zhu Wenjia, Sina English

A Guangzhou commercial company made a public apology to Wen Yuxuan (alias), a senior student of South China Normal University (SCNU), and compensated 600 Yuan for court costs and 1 Yuan for mental damages after the young girl filed a complaint to Yuexiu District Human Resources and Social Security Bureau of Guangzhou City, S China’s Guangdong Province, over gender discrimination during job-hunting, reported by local media.

“This was the first time that females won the case of sexual bias on job recruitment. It has positive effects on rectifying the unhealthy practice.”experts commentated.

Most women choose to keep silent when confronting with the unfair situation for they don’t have enough money and energy to combat with companies.

Wen’s case has set up a good example which will encourage more women to stand up to safeguard their own rights.

“Many of my classmates suffered from the unfair treatment. Why we could not be offered a equal opportunity with our male classmates?”Wen said when interviewed by the media. “I want our females’ voice to be heard in the public. That’s why I insist the company to apologize to me.”

Thread