Board logo

Subject: Travel Greece [Print This Page]

Author: chunzhehan123    Time: 3-9-2008 23:43     Subject: Travel Greece

This is the Acropolis of Athens where the Parthenon is located. The Acropolis is the symbol of Athens, the sacred rock, linking the fabulous ancient civilization with the modern city. The monuments on the Sacred Rock date back to the prehistoric era and antiquity. The grandeur and beauty of the Sacred Rock attract Greek and foreign visitors. The Parthenon is an architectural masterpiece of great renown. You will appreciate its splendour if you visit, and learn about the history and the secrets of the construction of the Parthenon. This unique temple, dedicated to the goddess Athena, was built of Pentelic marble. The Parthenon of the classical era was built on the remains of the monumental earlier Parthenon, an archaic temple built in the late 6th century BC. The architects of the classical temple, which was constructed and decorated from 447-432 BC (in the Golden Age of Pericles), were Iktinos and Kallikrates. In the Parthenon stood the golden-ivory stature of Athena, the work of the famous sculptor Pheidias, who was also in charge of the overall construction. The statue was the destination of the great procession of the Great Panathenaea, depicted in the frieze of the temple. A visit to the Acropolis is a unique experience.

The ancient theaters of Epidauros has being one of the most well-known and better preserved ancient theaters. The theater was constructed late in the 4th and early in the 3rd century BC, with a second construction phase during the mid of the 2nd century BC (possibly being the design of architect Polyklitos). Even in the ancient times it was considered by Pausanias to be the most harmonious and beautiful open-air theater, features related to the structure’s adaptation to the shape of the hillside and its famous acoustic quality. The theater has a capacity of 13000 – 14000 people and was initially used for solo singing, chanting, musical contests (mainly for solo instruments) and theatrical performances of ancient drama. Similar types of activities are still entertained in the site during the summer months.

Santorini / Thira is a magic place. Formed by near-catastrophic earthquakes and volcanic eruptions within historical memory, and tied to mythological Atlantis by various authorities through the millennia (starting with Plato) this island weaves an indelible spell on all who partake of its ethereal pleasures and its otherworldly, craggy landscape.

Venice Canals Italy

Assos, Kefalonia, Greece

Fiscardo village is located 50 kilometres away from the island’s capital; it is the northernmost port of Kefalonia. Many little fishing boats are mooring in it and from that spot, one can see the close coast of the island of Ithaca.

This beautiful and picturesque fishing village is very famous because it is one of the few villages that have not been destroyed by the disastrous earthquake of 1953.

Mount Athos: St Panteleimon Monastery
The Monastery's katholikon is dedicated to St Panteleimon and was built in the early 19th century. The Rossikon is famous for its bells, which in total weigh more than 20 tons, the largest of them weighing 13, with a diameter of 2.7 metres. The treasures of the Monastery include many noteworthy sacred vessels and vestments. Half the Monastery was gutted by fire in 1968. Its library houses around 1,320 manuscripts, of which 600 are in Slavonic, and more than 20,000 printed books. St Panteleimon once had metochia all over Russia. On the Holy Mountain it has five kellia. It occupies nineteenth place in the hierarchy of the monasteries and has 15 chapels within its precinct and 20 outside. Today it has around 50, mostly young, monks.

The Corinth Canal is a canal connecting the Gulf of Corinth with the Aegean Sea. It cuts through the Isthmus of Corinth and separates the Peloponnesus peninsula from the Greek mainland and therefore effectively makes it an island.

It is 6346m long,and the width is 24,6m at sea level,  the depth of the sea is 8m  and was built between 1881 and 1893. It saves the 400 km long journey around the Peloponnesus for smaller ships, but since it is only 21 m wide, it is too narrow for modern ocean freighters. The canal is nowadays mostly used by tourist ships; 11,000 ships per year travel through the waterway.

National Library of Greece
On March 16, 1888, the foundation stone for a neoclassical marble building was laid, financed by three brothers from Kefallonia, Panagis, Marinos and Andreas Vallianos. The Library remained in the University building until 1903, when it was moved to a new building which was designed by Theofilos Hansen and supervised by Ernest Schiller.
Today, the Library is still housed at the Vallianos building, as well as at two other buildings, at Agia Paraskevi and Nea Halkidona. The valuable collections of their combined materials represent the written Greek cultural treasure.

Mykonos Island Greece  Eating by the ocean.

The Parthenon is an architectural masterpiece of great renown. You will appreciate its splendour if you visit, and learn about the history and the secrets of the construction of the Parthenon. This unique temple, dedicated to the goddess Athena, was built of Pentelic marble. The Parthenon of the classical era was built on the remains of the monumental earlier Parthenon, an archaic temple built in the late 6th century BC. The architects of the classical temple, which was constructed and decorated from 447-432 BC (in the Golden Age of Pericles), were Iktinos and Kallikrates. In the Parthenon stood the golden-ivory stature of Athena, the work of the famous sculptor Pheidias, who was also in charge of the overall construction. The statue was the destination of the great procession of the Great Panathenaea, depicted in the frieze of the temple. A visit to the Acropolis is a unique experience.

[ Last edited by chunzhehan123 at 4-9-2008 00:01 ]
Author: chunzhehan123    Time: 4-9-2008 02:57     Subject: Travel Greece ,,,

It's from itravelfirst.com
Author: aa_for_short    Time: 13-10-2008 15:06

Ohhhh, a wonderful place for travelling!
Author: btandyamy    Time: 30-10-2008 16:43

How beautiful it is! I want to live there with my Choro-Qs
Author: XILAREN    Time: 2-12-2008 21:07     Subject: hi

Hi I come from Greece.Thank you for your photos
Author: pragan    Time: 3-1-2009 18:25     Subject: So good!!!

Hi, I am from Greece living in China and I must say bravo for these photos....they are very beautiful and show a few beautiful places of my beautiful country...

If you are interested and want more information just send me an email and i can tell you some more beautiful places to visit.

Cool!!!
Author: sodoyou    Time: 22-3-2009 17:06

Quote:
Santorini / Thira is a magic place. Formed by near-catastrophicearthquakes and volcanic eruptions within hostmonster memory, and tiedto mythological Atlantis by various authorities through the millennia(starting with Plato) this island weaves an indelible spell on all whopartake of its ethereal pleasures and its otherworldly, craggylandscape.
Ohhhh, How beautiful it is! a wonderful place for travelling! Thank you for your photos.
Author: crane    Time: 30-3-2009 15:00

It is nice. So beautiful!

Good place to travel. Hope I can go to there next year.
Author: Johnnaris    Time: 4-6-2009 09:33

simulation credit

Thanks for sharing. It's great.
Author: tibettravel    Time: 23-6-2009 11:21

Nice tour!
Welcome your tibet tour
Author: HannahLyn    Time: 4-7-2009 21:14

Great pictures. I wish I could be there soon.

Just a dream. LOL

Simulation pret
Author: laine09    Time: 22-9-2009 19:00

Greece is beautiful. I'd like to go there one of these days. Did you go to Santorini? I always thought that the whole white thing going on with the houses was interesting.

Regards,
Laine
prêts travaux
Author: little_bubble    Time: 23-10-2009 11:16

A nice place! I hope to traval there one day!
Author: little_bubble    Time: 23-10-2009 11:17

A nice place! I hope to traval there one day!
Author: samsung    Time: 23-10-2009 12:44     Subject: very nice place

i have been to greece many time and its really a very beautiful country.use  Atlas Direct to get the good idea of the city you are visiting.What i liked most about the greece was it  Security Systems which is one of the best in the world.
Regards
JameFlashlightz
Author: myavatar    Time: 26-1-2010 18:09

yes, i like that place....
Author: josephmorris90    Time: 23-4-2010 10:07

Absolutely lovely place to visit it seems, the pictures are magnificent...thanks so much for sharing!

Regards,
Joe - Buy Pepper Spray | Pepper Spray
Author: nancy33    Time: 1-5-2010 06:54     Subject: Wow Greece!

I love this pictures. I would love to go visit Greece. I am really thrilled with this place.

Many people I know have visited and I want to be next.

Thanks Nancy Miller
Cheap Auto Insurance Expert
Author: nancy33    Time: 1-5-2010 06:56     Subject: Reply 1# chunzhehan123's post

Thanks so much for these great pictures.

Nancy Miller
Cheap Auto Insurance Manager
Author: jordansair002    Time: 30-9-2010 16:51

If you request what is within the method to strike within the court in his coming period of time of your time of NBA, then proper appropriate right here are two new colorways –Air Jordan shoes 2010. Even though, the Cheap Jordans lineups have by no suggests been in your place to supply a rivalry for that Air Yeezy Jordan counterparts, but nonetheless they have managed to provide out some Air Yeezy shoes that were totally completely terrific within the court. 2010, the Nike jordan footwear pattern the perfect.
Author: attractions    Time: 26-10-2010 02:43

Hi, I am from Greece living in China and I must say bravo for these photos....they are very beautiful and show a few beautiful places of my beautiful country...
If you are interested and want more information just send me an email and i can tell you some more beautiful places to visit.
Author: attractions    Time: 26-10-2010 02:44

Author: jackton987    Time: 28-3-2011 16:47

It's so beautiful!
Author: jackton987    Time: 28-3-2011 16:48

It's so beautiful!
Author: jackton987    Time: 28-3-2011 16:53

It's really a good place to travel.
Author: jackton987    Time: 28-3-2011 16:53

It's really a good place to travel.
Author: jackton987    Time: 28-3-2011 16:55

It's really a good place to travel
Author: jackton987    Time: 28-3-2011 16:56

Thanks for sharing. It's great.
Author: jackton987    Time: 28-3-2011 17:03

It's so beautiful!
Author: sidkof    Time: 15-4-2011 03:38     Subject: re

Camping is also used as a cheap form of accommodation for people attending large outdoor events mensagens">mensagens such as sports and music festivals. The organizers usually offer a field and other basic services.
Author: sidkof    Time: 15-4-2011 03:40     Subject: re

Camping is also used as a cheap form of accommodation for people attending large outdoor events mensagens">mensagens such as sports and music festivals. The organizers usually offer a field and other basic services.
Author: sidkof    Time: 15-4-2011 03:40     Subject: re

Author: dorotaloi    Time: 25-5-2011 09:33     Subject: Scraps

with the peers in each of their university courses for purposes such as; forming study groups,<a href="http://orkutscrap.org/">Orkut</a> exchanging appropriate material such as their own interpretation of notes or study guides, finding peer to peer mentorship or tutoring services, and getting to know their fellow classmates.
Author: dorotaloi    Time: 25-5-2011 09:34     Subject: Scraps

with the peers in each of their university courses for purposes such as; forming study groups,<a href="http://orkutscrap.org/">Orkut</a> exchanging appropriate material such as their own interpretation of notes or study guides, finding peer to peer mentorship or tutoring services, and getting to know their fellow classmates.
Author: dorotaloi    Time: 25-5-2011 09:43     Subject: Scraps

Author: dorotaloi    Time: 25-5-2011 09:44     Subject: Scraps

Author: maolizi    Time: 5-6-2011 07:44

Very good article, very happy to be here and continue. <a href="http://www.weddingdressesparadise.com/" rel="dofollow">wedding dresses paradise</a>
Author: maolizi    Time: 5-6-2011 07:45

Very good article, very happy to be here and continue. <a href="http://www.weddingdressesparadise.com/" rel="dofollow">wedding dresses paradise</a>
Author: maolizi    Time: 5-6-2011 07:45

Author: alice090807    Time: 15-8-2011 14:30     Subject: sunglasses

nike air griffey
Nike Air Max 24-7
Nike Air Max 90

nike air griffey
Nike Air Max 24-7
Nike Air Max 90
Author: cgval    Time: 2-9-2011 15:15

so,i like here [url=http;//www.cgval.com]cgval[/url]
Author: cgval    Time: 2-9-2011 15:16

Author: cgval    Time: 2-9-2011 15:17

so,i like here
Author: cgval    Time: 2-9-2011 15:17

Author: cgval    Time: 2-9-2011 15:18

so i lke hrer
Author: cgval    Time: 2-9-2011 15:18

so i lke hrer
Author: dorotaloi    Time: 5-10-2011 09:58     Subject: Article Directory

Article Directory
Author: dorotaloi    Time: 5-10-2011 09:58     Subject: Article Directory

Article Directory
Author: nike    Time: 20-10-2011 14:45     Subject: Dunk shoes for men

As a professional <a href="http://www.nikeshoesmall.com/">Nike Dunk Shoes</a> stylist, I am often asked about personal style. Is it dependent upon <a href="http://www.nikeshoesmall.com/nike-dunk-high-nike-dunk-high-men-c-1_13.html">Nike Dunk High Men</a> how well you keep up with the latest trends? Or how much money you have or don't have to spend on <a href="http://www.nikeshoesmall.com/nike-dunk-mid-c-3.html">Nike Dunk Mid</a>? Although these are perfectly legitimate questions, there are probably as many answers out there as there are so-called "fashion experts". But, I must tell you that I am not a fashion expert. I am a <a href="http://www.nikeshoesmall.com/nike-dunk-sb-women-c-5.html">Women Nike Dunk SB</a> wardrobe and personal style expert. Big difference. Please allow me to explain. First, let's talk about <a href="http://www.nikeshoesmall.com/nike-dunk-low-c-2.html">Nike Dunk Low cheap</a> style. As Martha Stewart likes to say, style is a “good thing". Just look around! <a href="http://www.nikeshoesmall.com/">Dunk shoes for sale</a> We can see hallmarks of style in <a href="http://www.nikeshoesmall.com/nike-60-dunks-c-7.html">Nike 6.0 Dunks</a> just about every aspect of life. From fine art to fine architecture, from interior design to movie set design, from great literature to great (and not so great) music. It all has a certain <a href="http://www.nikeshoesmall.com/nike-custom-dunks-c-6.html">Nike Custom Dunks</a> style. And of course, so do people . . . When I saw 85-year-old Tony Bennett singing with the young Amy Winehouse recently, I got a little teary <a href="http://www.nikeshoesmall.com/">Nike zoom sb on sale </a> to think that she is gone.
Author: nike    Time: 20-10-2011 14:46     Subject: Dunk shoes for men

As a professional Nike Dunk Shoes stylist, I am often asked about personal style. Is it dependent upon Nike Dunk High Men how well you keep up with the latest trends? Or how much money you have or don't have to spend on Nike Dunk Mid? Although these are perfectly legitimate questions, there are probably as many answers out there as there are so-called "fashion experts". But, I must tell you that I am not a fashion expert. I am a Women Nike Dunk SB wardrobe and personal style expert. Big difference. Please allow me to explain. First, let's talk about Nike Dunk Low cheap style. As Martha Stewart likes to say, style is a “good thing". Just look around! Dunk shoes for sale We can see hallmarks of style in Nike 6.0 Dunks just about every aspect of life. From fine art to fine architecture, from interior design to movie set design, from great literature to great (and not so great) music. It all has a certain Nike Custom Dunks style. And of course, so do people . . . When I saw 85-year-old Tony Bennett singing with the young Amy Winehouse recently, I got a little teary Nike zoom sb on sale to think that she is gone.
Author: bestbots    Time: 20-10-2011 17:51

What A Beautiful Place! How Much the travel price, I want to go there!
Author: bestbots    Time: 20-10-2011 17:51     Subject: Go Travel

Author: bestbots    Time: 20-10-2011 17:52     Subject: Go Travel

Author: golf13456    Time: 25-10-2011 11:13

Ping K15 Fairway Wood
Ping K15 Driver
Callaway Diablo Octane Black Tour Driver
Titleist AP2 712 Irons
Titleist MB 712 Irons
Titleist AP1 712 Irons
TaylorMade R11 Irons
Mizuno JPX 800 Forged Irons
Ping G20 Driver
TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Irons
Ping G20 Irons
Callaway RAZR X Tour Irons
TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 Hybrid
Callaway RAZR X Hybrid
TaylorMade R11 Hybrid
Ping K15 Fairway Wood
Mizuno JPX 800 Fairway Wood
Mizuno JPX 800 Driver
TaylorMade Tour Preferred Forged MB Irons
Callaway RAZR Hawk Driver
TaylorMade Tour Preferred Forged CB Irons
Ping K15 Hybrid
Ping Scottsdale Anser 2 Putter
Mizuno MX 700 Fairway Wood
Mizuno MX 700 Driver
Taylormade R11 Fairway Wood
TaylorMade R11 Driver
TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Fairway Wood
TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Driver
TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 Fairway Wood
TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 Driver
Mizuno MP 63 Irons
TaylorMade R9 SuperMax Irons
TaylorMade R9 SuperMax Fairway Wood
Mizuno JPX 800 Irons
Ping Anser Forged Irons
Callaway RAZR X Irons
Ping K15 Irons
Callaway X24 Irons
Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons
Ping G15 Irons
Mizuno MP 53 Irons
Author: weddingcoo    Time: 9-11-2011 15:39     Subject: look like nice

good
Author: weddingcoo    Time: 9-11-2011 15:39     Subject: look like nice

good, that pic look like nice.
Author: weddingcoo    Time: 9-11-2011 15:40     Subject: look like nice

why not post this text?

Author: weddingcoo    Time: 9-11-2011 15:40

why not post this text?

Welcome to bbs.english.sina.com (http://bbs.english.sina.com/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0